Hi! I’m Lauren, and I love photography. I received my honours degree in Photography (HBFA) from the University of Victoria, back in the days of film. It’s my passion to capture stories – stories of happy moments, fresh moments, shy moments, silly moments.
I believe that your family photos (yes, you!) can be works of art. I believe that weddings are fabulous and romantic, and that you may never look so beautiful again, and so you should celebrate that with beautiful images. I believe that natural light is the most flattering light, and that capturing ambient light is all part of telling the story. I believe that life is full of wonderful moments that pass all too quickly, and we should celebrate that, too.
I love to shoot on-location, incorporating elements of your life into your photos. I work primarily in the Annapolis Valley, but am always happy to schedule sessions in the greater Halifax area, as well.
Things I have done for a shot:
- laid down on the ground, in long grass, during tick season (while seven months pregnant)
- climbed a tree
- boarded a boat
- walked backwards up a mountain
- said, “is that poison ivy?”
- stood very still in an actual cloud of mosquitoes
- driven very slowly while my assistant literally hangs out the window
- stepped in deer poop
- been pooped on, peed on, and spit-up on
- whatever it takes
Shots I still want to get one day:
- a rowboat shoot – gotta love those rowboat shoots
- a sunny day, a sandy beach (Mexico, anyone?)
- the one with the seagull/pigeon just perfectly walking/flying through the frame
- four generations in one shoot (five, anyone?)
- anything with sheep
- those big fluffy, catch-em-on-your-tongue snowflakes are falling as we speak
- a family full of masks
- brides and chickens
- anything with umbrellas (or bowties)
- absolutely anything you can dream up
Welcome to Lauren Kaye Photography.
If you want to know more, you can visit me over at Sleeping Forest Studios, where I write about my life and family. Hope to see you there!